Selling Policies and Seller Code of Conduct
All sellers are expected to adhere to the following policies when listing products on Krishibazaar.in.Seller offenses and prohibited content can result in suspension of your Krishibazaar subscription & account.
Seller code of conduct
This policy requires that sellers act fairly and honestly on Krishibazaar to ensure a safe buying and selling experience. All sellers must:
- Provide accurate information to Krishibazaar and our customers at all times
- Act fairly and not misuse Krishibazaar’s features or services
- Not attempt to damage or abuse another Seller, their listings or ratings
- Not attempt to influence customers’ ratings, feedback, and reviews
- Not send unsolicited or inappropriate communications
- Not contact customers directly
- Not attempt to circumvent the Krishibazaar’s sales process
- Not operate more than one Selling on Krishibazaar account without permission by Krishibazaar.
- Violating the Code of Conduct or any other Krishibazaar policies may result in actions against your account, such as cancellation of listings, suspension or forfeiture of payments, and removal of selling privileges. More details about these policies are below.
Type of Products
Krishibazaar.in is a fully dedicated agriculture store and products which do not fall in the agriculture sector should be refrained from Posting/selling on Krishibazaar.in. Traders/Companies selling on Krishibazaar should have proper up-to-date licensing provided by the body authorized by the Government of India. In the absence of which, you won’t be entitled to sell on krishibazaar.in and your account will be suspended.
Pesticides/ Crop Protectors/ Fertilizers
Companies selling Pesticides/Crop Protectors/Fertilizers should ensure that they have the proper licenses and will have to provide the same before selling on Krishibazaar. In the absence of which, your products will be removed from the site and your account suspended.
You must provide accurate information to Krishibazaar and our customers, and update the information if it changes. For example, this means that you must use a business name that accurately identifies your business and list your products in the correct category.
You must act fairly and lawfully and may not misuse any service provided by Krishibazaar. Examples of unfair activities include:
- Providing misleading or inappropriate information to Krishibazaar or our customers, such as by creating multiple detail pages for the same product or posting offensive product images
- Manipulating sales rank (such as by accepting fake orders or orders that you have paid for) or making claims about sales rank in product titles or descriptions
- Attempting to increase the price of a product after an order is confirmed
- Artificially inflating web traffic (using bots or paying for clicks, for example)
- Attempting to damage another Seller, their listings or ratings
- Allowing other people to act on your behalf in a way that violates Krishibazaar’s policies or your agreement with Krishibazaar
Ratings, Feedback, and Reviews
You may not attempt to influence or inflate customers’ ratings, feedback, and reviews. You may request feedback and reviews from your own customers in a neutral manner, but may not:
- Pay for or offer an incentive (such as coupons or free products) in exchange for providing or removing feedback or reviews
- Ask customers to write only positive reviews or ask them to remove or change a review
- Solicit reviews only from customers who had a positive experience
- Review your own products or a competitors’ products
You may not send unsolicited or inappropriate messages. All communications to customers must be sent through Krishibazaar and be necessary for fulfilling the order or providing customer services. Marketing communications are prohibited.
If you receive customer information such as addresses or phone numbers to fulfill orders, you may use that information only to fulfill orders and must delete it after the order has been processed. You may not use customer information to contact customers or share it with any third-party.
Circumventing the Sales Process
You may not attempt to circumvent the Krishibazaar sales process or divert Krishibazaar customers to another website. This means that you may not provide links or messages that prompt users to visit any external website or complete a transaction elsewhere.
Multiple Selling on Krishibazaar Accounts
You may not operate multiple Selling on Krishibazaar accounts unless you have received permission from Krishibazaar and have a legitimate business need for more than one account.
Filing Infringement Notices as an Agent or Brand Protection Agency
Krishibazaar understands that many brands may choose to have brand protection agencies or agents report intellectual property infringement on their behalf and accepts submissions from authorized agents. However, Krishibazaar does not permit individuals with active selling accounts to file infringement notices as an agent of a brand when the filing of those notices could benefit their own selling account (through removing competing listings, for example). Any sellers filing notices as an agent to benefit their own status as a seller may have their selling account terminated.
None of the following are allowed in product detail page titles, descriptions, bullet points, or images:
- Pornographic, obscene, or offensive
- Phone numbers, addresses, e-mail addresses, or website URLs.
- Details of availability, price, or condition.
- Links to other websites for placing orders, or alternative shipping offers, such as free shipping.
- Reviews, quotes, or testimonials.
- Requests for positive customer reviews.
- Adverts, promotional material, or watermarks on images, photos, or videos.
- Time-sensitive information, such as dates of tours, seminars, or lectures.